Sunday, December 14, 2008

Shamanic shifting through the internet

Partial map of the Internet based on the Janua...Image via WikipediaGreetings from Elizabeth!

I call a practice or action shamanic shifting if it bridges non-ordinary and ordinary realities on purpose, for better and best, through Spirit and Spirits. The cyber-realms are ordinary-reality bridges that stretch around the world yet for me interacting over the internet creates even more amazing non-ordinary interconnections.

This happens for me in all sorts of ways, simple and obvious to weird and mysterious. I know I haven't even begun to scratch the surface of the potentials and possibilities of the internet for shamanizing. Every day brings delightful and shocking surprises, even though I am a beginner who falls further behind in blogging and networking every day, even as I reach out farther.

Some websites I visit - and the thoughts and energy-flows behind them - induce wonder and trance and shift me into shamanic dreaming at first sight. Other webpages are sanctuaries or shrines in themselves - candle shrines, play shrines, art shrines, music shrines, all kinds of shrines and sanctuaries for beginning shamanic shifts.

Virtual networks and online communities show and create interconnections among beings, places, events, and situations I would never otherwise find myself privileged to touch. When enough boundaries are crossed they become crossroads and then they shapeshift into non-ordinary channels for purposeful, Spirited (shamanic) self and world transformation.

Twitter is a new favorite internet tree of life. I am there to micro-blog mini-shifts and fun stuff as well as find prayer topics and re-focus into NOW. How do you shamanic shift over the internet?



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Bookmarking

Bookmarks are here:
[ShamanicShift's StumbleUpon]

Directory Links
[Shaman Portal]